Cleanse and rejuvenate on a rainy spring day with a cup of this non-caffeinated tea that hints of your favorite cup of coffee. Dandelion root acts as an excellent detoxifying agent and digestion promoter while burdock root has been shown to slow the growth of tumors, manage blood sugar and also tonify the liver. Burdock helps soothe inflamed skin conditions, such as eczema and acne.
Pre-roasted, organic roots are available through Starwest Botanicals. Always speak with your doctor before adding herbal supplements to your routine as some herbs can interfere with medications. Pregnant and nursing women should avoid taking herbal supplements without speaking with their doctors.
- 2 tablespoons roasted dandelion root
- 2 tablespoons roasted burdock root
- 1 tablespoon roasted chicory root (Optional)
- 4 cups filtered water
- Add roots and water to glass (or other non-metal) saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour into a French Press and serve warm. Lighten with coconut milk or coconut cream, if desired. In warmer weather, this decoction can also be chilled and served over ice.