It's the Cranberry Orange Jam
- 3 cups of cranberries
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, chopped finely
- 12 dried figs or apricots, chopped finely
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (and any juice)
- Rinse cranberries and discard any unhealthy ones. Place in a large saucepan with orange juice.
- Cook until the cranberries burst. Add apricots, honey, ginger and orange on medium high heat. Stir occasionally to ensure it doesn't burn. If smooth consistency is desired (which is my preference), use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Cook down until jam is as "jammy" as you like.
- Ladle into a quart mason jar or 4 half-pint jars using an oven mitt and store in fridge for 1-2 weeks. If canning, use half-pint jars and boil in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.