Dark chocolate provides an instant mood lift for those holiday blues while it also helps to decrease stress cortisol levels and improve our ability to focus. Dark chocolate is also excellent for your heart, skin, teeth and helps you recover from a tough workout. Just keep in mind that the health benefits come from products with 70% or higher cocoa levels. So go for quality... not quantity!
Inspired by: FeedMePhoebe.com
Serving Size: 10-15
• 20 oz high-quality dark chocolate chips or bars broken into pieces (about 4 cups)
• 1/3 cup dried goji berries
• 1/4 cup raw pepitas (aka Pumpkin Seeds)
• 1-2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (Celtic or Himalayan preferably)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and clear a space for it in your fridge.
2. Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread with a spatula to form an even layer. Sprinkle the melted chocolate with the remaining ingredients.
4. Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened, about 2 hours. Or if you are in a rush, you can freeze it :)
5. Break into rustic chunks and store in an airtight container in the fridge for healthy snacking.