This simple, yet flavorful recipe is a family favorite and an easy way to nourish a lot of people without too much fuss!
- 1 pound pastured chicken breasts - sliced thinly (or use thinly-sliced steak or salmon fillets)
- 2 colorful peppers (red, yellow, orange)- sliced thinly
- 1 onion- peeled, sliced long-wise into similar thickness as the peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Your Preferred Toppings and Sides: tortillas, black beans, brown rice, hot sauce, minced cilantro, sour cream, grated cheese, chives, avocado, lime wedges, tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, chili powder, coffee, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in the olive oil and blend.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken breasts and drizzle half of the spice mixture over the chicken. Toss to coat and place on a sheet pan. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Into the remaining mixture in the small bowl, toss the peppers and onions. Place on a separate sheet pan.
- At the end of the 10 minutes, place the veggie sheet pan in the oven below the chicken. Continue cooking for another 20 minutes or until chicken and veggies are done.
- Serve family-style with toppings on the side and allow family members to make their own fajita plate creations.