Recipe inspired by The Healthy Apple (healthyapple.com)
Serves: 15 drops
These easy-to-make, no-bake drops contain healthy whole grain oats as well as brain-supportive dried cherries, flaxseeds and pepitas to give you a double boost of energy and mental stamina!
• 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
• 3 tablespoons raw shelled pumpkin seeds
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 6 tablespoons sunflower seed butter, slightly melted
• 3 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons sulfite-free dried cherries, chopped (like these)
• Pinch sea salt
• Large pinch fresh orange zest
• Pinch cacao powder or cinnamon, optional
1. In a food processor, combine oats, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds and pulse until grainy. Set aside in a big mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, combine slightly melted nut or seed butter, syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine, then transfer to the oat mixture and mix well again.
3. Now pulse dried cherries in the food processor and add to the mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt and orange zest. Add cinnamon or cacao powder, if desired. You may want to use your hands to get everything mixed evenly.
4. Roll mixture into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter, and place in the fridge until ready to serve